Rockport One Mile Walk Fitness Test Calculator
To take the one-mile walking fitness test, you will need a measured one-mile course and the ability to time yourself and to take your pulse at the end of one mile. You will also need to know your weight in pounds.
- Warm up walking at an easy pace for at least five minutes.
- Go to the start of the one-mile course. Begin timing. Walk as fast as you can for the length of that mile.
- Take the time at the end of the mile.
- Take your heart rate immediately at the end of the mile.
- Enter your data into the calculator below to find how your fitness level compares to others of your age and sex.
Please enter the following information:
- How Far Is That?: Convert miles and kilometers and see expected time at common walking paces.
- How To Predict Your Finish Time: How long will it take you to finish a 10K, half marathon, or marathon?
- How to Measure Your Walking Speed
- How to Walk Faster
- Train for a 5K Walk: This is a popular distance for charity walks.
- Train for a 10K Walk
- How to Train for Half Marathon Walk
- How to Train for a Marathon Walk
- How to Train to Walk the Camino de Santiago